Friday, December 28, 2012

Book Review of Emmalee by Jenni James




I heart this story! I think Emmalee is my favorite character of all the books so far in the Jane Austen Diaries. She seems to have it all; a rich family with a big house, money to spend on anything she wants but she still lacks one important thing, love. She takes on a project Hannah Smith and thinks she’s helping her out by being her friend. Chase Anderson is the guy next door and he’s a perfect George Knightly (He's also the older brother to Taylor Anderson from Pride & Popularity). Chatty Claire Hart (which we meet in Northanger Alibi which I loved!) is the annoying younger sister to Chloe & Cassidy that Emma has to endure and is annoyed by her busy-body ways. You have all your favorite characters from Jane Austen’s Emma in a modern-day twist. Matching-making by Emma gets all messed up and her new friend Hannah is heartbroken. It’s a wonderful story and I want to read it again and again. I’d love to see this one made into a movie. I know we already have an Emma movie but I want a modern version and not Clueless (even though I did enjoy that one). There are a lot of characters that make appearances from the other books and you start getting a complete picture of how they are all connected. Jenni is brilliant in her writing, the way it all works together. I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.





Get to know the awesome author Jenni James and purchase her books:



No comments:

Post a Comment