Sunday, June 5, 2011


Devil's lake hiking area where Boyd falls off the cliff
OF course I'm still editing. Why does it feel like your forever editing when writing a book? The easy part is writing the creative story you came up with. All the other stuff takes to long. "What do you mean, I have to make this perfect before I even send it to an agent." I'm paying someone to editing my book right now. That is a painful process because it's paying someone to insult you. I've really liked the suggestions so far until my editor said they didn't like my character Boyd in one scene. Which became very disheartening for me. I have become completely attached to him. It's like looking at someones baby and telling them its ugly. So I licked my wounds and made the changes to make Boyd a little less of a real man and more like a romance novel man that we all like to read about.  I heard a guy say one time, "If men acted like the way the men do in movies (or books) we'd have a restraining order against us." Which is true, we don't read for reality. We read for that great love story that defies all logic.    

No comments:

Post a Comment