Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Write-a-Thon Challenge #3

Today's challenge involves poetry. 

1. Grab a dictionary.

2. Randomly open up to a page and point at a word.
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 two more times.
4. Take your 3 words and use them to create a haiku.

I've seen haikus appear EVERYWHERE lately, so I thought this could be fun! For the purpose of this challenge, we're just using the most basic rules of a haiku: 3 lines. Line one has 5 syllables. Line two has seven. Line three has 5.


My three words: 

Comic - amusing; funny. The humorous element in art or life. 
Parable- A short, simple story teaching a moral lesson
Sculpture- the art of shaping stone, clay, wood, metal, etc. into statues figures, etc.

Without a comic

The parable will be dry
Making a sculpture

My thoughts: This was a different but very entertaining challenge.


My goals: 

I worked way over an hour on both of my books edits and truthfully I'm still not done. Just took a break to post my challenge for today. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment